Friday, March 12, 2010

MAMA...

1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."

2. My mother taught me RELIGION.
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

4. My mother taught me LOGIC.
"Because I said so, that's why."

5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC.
"If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

7. My mother taught me IRONY.
"Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."

8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
"Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
"Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA.
"You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."

11. My mother taught me about WEATHER.
"This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."

12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
"If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"

13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOUR MODIFICATION.
"Stop acting like your father!"

15. My mother taught me about ENVY.
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."

16. My mother ! taught me about ANTICIPATION.
"Just wait until we get home."

17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING.
"You are going to get it when you get home!"

18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
"If you don't stop crossing your eyes, They are going to freeze that way."

19. My mother taught me ESP.
"Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"

20. My mother taught me HUMOUR.
"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT.
"If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

22. My mother taught me GENETICS.
"You're just like your father."

23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
"Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"

24. My mother taught me WISDOM.
"When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

25. And my favourite: my mother taught me about JUSTICE.
"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!"


As i was browsing the internet to find an article suitable for this blog, i found the riddle as above and i thought to myself “mama did said most of those if not all”. Then i started reminiscing about the past. How she never failed to read bedtime stories, or celebrated my birthdays, or even wished me luck every morning before exams. The list goes on and on even 10 pages won’t be enough. I remembered when you had a minor surgery to remove the canine tooth for your braces, i cried my eyes out thinking that you suffered from an incurable illness. That was the first time seeing you not being the supermom that you are.
I remembered all the times that we shared laughing at abah’s not-so-funny jokes. The times when we cried when i got my upsr, pmr and spm result. I was always short by 1. I remembered all the sms and cheers and hugs and those sweet kisses of yours.
Then something struck me while i’m writing this. How often do i thank you? I never failed to say “ i love you” everytime i called. But often forget to thank you for everything you did for me. So mama this is for you:
Thank you for always having hope for me when I didn’t have for myself.
Thank you for driving me to school every day.
Thank you for telling me not to give up when I said I couldn’t do it any more.
Thank you for every second of the day that you cared and guided me to be who I am today.
Thank you for all the new clothes for raya.
Thank you for all the delicious food.
Thank you for buying me roti canai when i really wanted to eat one.
Thank you mama for being the best mom that you are, for loving me and supported me. If there was a text book on how to be the perfect mother to an imperfect daughter, it would have you as the role model.
So to anyone that is reading this article right now, go thank your mom back home and put a smile on her face. We are her hopes and dreams so lets fulfil that. That’s the least that we can do.
Mama, i love you and thank you.

Who should I stay right close to?
Listen most to
Never say no to
After Allah
And Rasulullah

Comes your mother
Who next? Your mother
Who next? Your mother
And then your father


Say Alhamdulillah
Thank you Allah
Thank you Allah
For my mother.

Lyrics Your Mother
Yusuf Islam.

-nah-

-ilmu didahulukan,pencapaian diutamakan-

No comments: